1. There will be a second call for proposal under the FELLINI programme?
Yes, there will be a second call in June 2019.
2. Can I reapply at the second call, if my application has already been evaluated as unsuccessful at the first call for proposals?
It is possible to reapply at the second call that is scheduled for June 2019.
3. Can I apply, if I am currently working outside academia?
Yes, you can apply, if you meet the eligibility criteria.
4. Can I apply for a PhD under the scheme?
No, the programme is not a PhD Fellowship scheme.
5. What is the required level of English to apply?
ELIGIBILITY OF APPLICANTS
1. Which nationalities are eligible for the FELLINI Programme?
All Nationalities are eligible under the FELLINI Programme.
2. What is an “experienced researcher”?
An experienced researcher must at the application deadline be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience in academia or industry. Full-Time Equivalent Research Experience is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree entitling him or her to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited, even if a doctorate was never started or envisaged.
3. Can someone with research experience but without a PhD apply?
Yes. If the applicants do not have a doctoral degree, they should have at least 4 years of full- time equivalent postgraduate research experience. Full-time equivalent postgraduate research experience applies to researchers who have been working on their PhD for at least four years and are near completion, and those who have four years of full time postgraduate experience in research and are not working towards PhD completion (examples of such researchers include for example a research assistant in academia or industry).
4. How can I calculate postgraduate research experience when applying for Fellowships under the FELLINI Programme?
All research undertaken after the researchers have gained a university degree/diploma giving them access to doctoral studies (the degree/diploma must entitle the holder to embark on doctoral studies without having to acquire any further qualifications) can be counted as postgraduate research experience. Research experience in an organisation where research activity was only part of applicant’s duties will only be counted as partial contributions. Applicants lacking the requisite years of full-time postgraduate research experience by the application deadline are not eligible.
5. Is there an age limit for candidates applying for a FELLINI Fellowship?
The FELLINI programme has no age limit for any researchers applying for its fellowships. Applicants must only meet the specific eligibility criteria outlined in detail in the Eligibility Criteria.
1. What happens to my submission if it is incomplete?
Completeness of the application will be checked at the eligibility checking phase. Incomplete submissions will be deemed ineligible. Applicants can resubmit their application under the second FELLINI call (expected in June 2019).
1. When can I start my research project?
The appointed candidates should start their activity no later than 6 months from the receipt of the notification. Special requests to defer the starting date can be considered only if they do not compromise the full accomplishment of the fellowship period.