Claudio Villi Award 2022 Assigned
The "Claudio Villi" Award for the best PhD thesis in nuclear physics discussed in the period from 1 June 2021 to 31 May 2022 was awarded to the thesis presented by
Dr. Daniele Brugnara entitled "Investigating the 46Ar proton wave function with the 46Ar(3He,d)47K direct reaction" discussed at the University of Padua.
The awarding ceremony took place during the CSN3 meeting of 17 April 2023 held at the Congress Center of the University of Naples "Federico II" and was chaired by Dr. D. Bettoni, member of the INFN Executive Board, and by the President of CSN3 Dr. R. Nania.
A special mention was awarded to the following theses:
• Dr. Marco Baruzzo with the title "Development of the FAMU experimental apparatus for the proton radius measurement" discussed at the University of Udine
• Dr. Mattia Faggin with the title "Measurement of heavy-flavor decay electrons and heavy-flavor baryon production with ALICE experiment at LHC" discussed at the University of Padua.
• Dr. Chiara Pinto with the title "Light (anti)nuclei production with ALICE at the Large Hadron Collider" discussed at the University of Catania
• Dr. Lorenzo Scavarda with the title "Design and development of the Calorimeter for the FOOT experiment" discussed at the University of Turin
• Dr. Sara Ziliani with the title "Comprehensive investigation of light neutron-rich nuclei to test modern nuclear theoretical models" discussed at the University of Milan.